Saturday, February 23, 2008

Psalm 143

A Psalm of David.
Hear my prayer, O LORD,
Give ear to my supplications!
Answer me in Your faithfulness, in Your
righteousness!
And do not enter into judgement with
Your servant,
For in Your sight no man living is
righteous.
For the enemy has persecuted my
soul;
He has crushed my life to the ground;
He has mad me dwell in dark places,
like those who have long been dead.
Therefore my spirit is overwhelmed
within me;
I remember the day of old;
I meditate on the work of Your Hands.
I stretch out my hands to You;
My soul longs for You, as a parched
land.
Answer me quickly, O LORD, my spirit
fails;
Do not hide Your face from me,
Or I will become like those who go
down to the pit.
Let me hear Your lovingkindness in the
morning;
Teach me the way in which I should
walk;
For to You I lift up my soul.
Deliver me, O LORD, form my
enemies;
I take refuge in You.
Teach me to do Your will,
For you are my God;
Let Your good Spirit lead me on level
ground.
For the sake of Your name, O LORD,
revive me.
In Your righteousness bring my soul out
of trouble.
And in Your lovingkindness, cut off my
enemies
And destroy all those who afflict my
soul,
For I am Your servant.
This has been a Psalm that I have prayed for the last few months. It has been the prayer I have cried out to God with and I have found peace and comfort in it.

No comments: